The prep is fairly simple by simply trimming the ends and peeling a couple of leaves. Cut them in half and lay them on a non-stick baking sheet or a casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sliced garlic and chopped capocollo and pop in the oven at 425 for 20 mins. 5 mins before their almost completely golden brown, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and voila, you have the most scrumptious side dish or in my case, this is a meal I enjoy on its own.
* 1-1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered if large
* 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 5 slices of capocollo or if not available you can use pancetta or procutto.* 2 large garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* Optional red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a heavy baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.
2. Mound the Brussels sprouts on the sheet pan, drizzle the olive oil over them and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle the chopped bacon, sliced garlic and sprinkle parmesan and add freshly ground salt and pepper and season with pepper flakes.
3. Roast for about 25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking, until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned. Once golden to your liking, remove from oven and serve hot.